Forums

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Davis Da-2a fuselage possibly available

Hello....A Davis DA2A aircraft fuselage is in an outside storage yard behind the Birmingham, Alabama A/C museum.  Last weekend I was at the museum and saw it in the storage yard. The engine is missing and I believe that the instruments have been removed. The right aileron is also missing .The engine cowling is on the fuselage. I am a fan of the Davis a/c and I would hope that someone in your group might be interested in trying to purchase the fuselage and refurbish it. Here is an article link NextGen Heirloom (kitplanes.com) about a Davis a/c that was trailer transported with the wing removed so hopefully the wing can be removed without too much trouble. It looks like it has been outside for multiple years.  I took several pictures which are included.  The museum phone number is (205) 833-8226.....

Uploaded files:

Hi, I am Harry McKay of Tampa Bay.  I am interested in finding the Davis 2a that was built in the 70's by a Charles C Culp here in Tampa a couple blocks from my house.  Charlie had a heart attack and could not legally fly it and sold it shortly after completing it.  The only pic I have is attached.  I don't know the N number or the serial number.  I sent my request to the contact us on the Davis site and have heard nothing yet.  Do you know of a list of builders and the N numbers.  I think his ended in CC.  ??

He was the manufacturer.  FAA lists a Culp as manufacturer but does not give the N number or serial number.  Any help you can give would be appreciated.  I called the FAA and they looked at their data base(s) and could not find it without the N number or serial number.   Bummer!

Thanks

Harry  at 813 610 8226   also email: freeinhim@gmail.com

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20210507-000341_Messages1.jpg

Funny you should ask, I was trying to cross-reference Davis planes on the FAA registry and finding it quite difficult. I did find a N number 27CC in the Deregistered list, with Culp as the manufacturer, serial number 158, Mfr date 1976. Name/address shown is Melvin OThomas , 408 Mesa Trl, Weatherford, TX.

My dad is also hunting for Davis DA-2A plane, plans, or project to complete! Good luck.

Regards,

LeMoyne