Forums

Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumAll Things Davis: Davis DA-?DA-11 Info
Please or Register to create posts and topics.

DA-11 Info

Hi All,

I’m interested in more info about the DA-11. I understand that there are no plans but it looks like it was based on the DA-5/9 but built around a smaller power plant. I’m interested in any info anyone may have.

Thank You,

Duane

Well the easy info is the short description located on Aircraft Spruce and this short YouTube video. A few additional facts are located on the AviationBanter forum and this Angelfire website. The airplane's last known whereabouts (that I'm aware of) was written up by Elliot Seguin.

If you are an EAA member, there is a one page article on the DA-11 in the November 1996 copy of Sport Aviation, though it contains much of the same information as the Aircraft Spruce article. I recently acquired Issue 47 of Contact! magazine that contains a two-page article on the DA-11 but after reading it the article detailed the engine installation only.

As others have mentioned, the DA-11 is an interesting aircraft but fairly impractical as designed. It would seem that Leeon made a bet on the average American getting smaller instead of the other way around!

-MD

Quote from Duane on December 3, 2017, 4:29 pm

Hi All,

I’m interested in more info about the DA-11. I understand that there are no plans but it looks like it was based on the DA-5/9 but built around a smaller power plant. I’m interested in any info anyone may have.

Thank You,

Duane

Duane,

The one and only DA-11 is currently in the hands of Harold Davis, one of Leeon's sons.  He is located in Texas.  According to Harold, he will be placing  this aircraft along with the DA-9 and DA-11-2 in an aviation museum in the future.  If you would like to contact him for further information, he can be reached at haroldedavis at yahoo dot com.

Bryan Cass

D2 Aircraft